Thursday, July 11, 2013

Understanding My Desire


For awhile I knew I wanted to serve a mission but I wasn't sure why I wanted to serve, I just knew that I did. I had been praying for awhile to know that going on a mission was the right thing for me to do. I kept waiting to get my answer and it wasn't coming. One weekend I went home from school for the weekend to visit my parents. While I was home my I went to a meeting with my friends, where we get together and study things from Preach My Gospel. We called it HAT or Helaman's Army in Training. During the meeting we were role playing. Myself and a friend were the missionaries and my two other friends were the investigator and his brother. It was very interesting because we role played twice and the second time was the most amazing experience. As we talked and answered the questions that the two investigators had, we could feel the spirit so strongly. It wasn't until my friend who was the investigator asked me and my companion why we came on our missions; why we would leave our families for 2 years or 18 months. It was then that I realized why I wanted to go on a mission. I answered with saying that I have a happiness and a peace in my life that I want others to be able to have. They deserve to be happy and to feel that happiness that I feel in my life. I want them to know that they are never alone. Even at times when it feels like their is no one their and they are all alone, they are never truly alone. My friend asked what it felt like to feel the spirit and my companion said it was kind of like getting butterflies. It's like a warm and fuzzy feeling. My friend asked if that that was what he was feeling at that moment and we answered yes.

We ended at that point. All of us felt the spirit so strongly that we were silent for a few minutes. Even my friend who played the brother of the investigator felt the spirit and he was a few miles away but he was on skype. I realized after that I had almost no clue of what I had said during the role play. I realized that the spirit had been talking through me and guiding me with what I should say. It was the most incredible experience and I could feel the spirit so strongly. I realized at that point why I wanted to serve a mission. I had a feeling of warmth; of confirmation that what I was doing was right and that it was the right thing for me to do.

I know that I want to serve a mission and I know why I want to serve a mission now. I will serve the Lord with faith and strength in the comfort that the Lord gives me.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment